donderdag 31 mei 2012

Marcie, part 4

I will not describe every day in great detail, I do not remember exactly. What I do know is that I had a nice week with Marcie, and so did she with me. .No sex, but every night that kiss on the lips and "I love you".And we did fun things together, but if Marcie had to work, she worked half days, I did something on my own.  

When I arrived on Saturday afternoon Ashley, Marcie's daughter,  was not there, she was with her father in a village / town about 40 miles further North. Marcie and I went to pick up Ashley on Sunday. And of course I brought another woman to tears, though I never do that in a mean way, but in the car when we were just on our way I saw her face and I said to Marcie: "You miss Ashley, don't  you? "
Well, that was just the push she needed. But I had comforted her again soon, we were finally on the way to pick up Ashley.
A brief sideway, Marcie's ex-husband hit her during their marriage and had also forced her to have sex with other men. So that also played a role with the emotions. And the new girlfriend of her ex said the most terrible things about Marcie in front of Ashley.

After we picked up Ashley both were happy.

We went to a "native American postal outlet"  in West Virginia (Washington, PA is where the states Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia come together). In addition, you must imagine a shop in "Native American" style with all native american souvenirs (such as dream catchers), but also, which had my interest, fridge magnets from all over America. And since I was there I bought a few: Michigan (I had to change planes in Detroit), Pennsylvania (Marcie lived in that state), West Virginia (we were there at that time) and Ohio (which is only a 4km drive which I would do later that week, so that refrigerator magnet was earned). 

We are essentially drinking coffee in downtown Washington, PA at a coffee shop and unlike here in the Netherlands  you order and drink your coffee actually. And of course followed by a nice conversation about the difference between coffee shops in the U.S. and coffeeshops in the Netherlands.We also ate real American hot dogs  (the onions were ok, but the sauerkraut, I do really thank you, but no thank you).  
We also visited the courthouse and a judge present there told us to go into a courtroom. As you perhaps know, the U.S. has a jury system, so the layout of a courtroom is different than here in the Netherlands.
So that was very interesting.Our conversations were not just small talk, but also about politics and society, and especially the differences between the United States and laws of the Netherlands / Europe. 
Marcie was, for a U.S. citizen very European minded.  
What was very good for my ego was that Marcie told me I knew more about U.S. history than the average American.
One evening we had pizza, that was on Monday, while Marcie went to get the pizza I helped Ashley with her homework (yes, 6 years old and homework) and we had dinner with friends of Marcie's at a Chinese restaurant. That was quite a challenge, because if you go here (Netherlands) to the Chinese you can go more or less blind on the Indonesian names of the dishes, but it doesn't work like that in the U.S.. And now I've known for a long time that fried rice is the same as nasi, but the rest was more challenging.

But I worked it out and ordered something I liked, at least I thought that, but it worked out fine!
I also made my famous pancakes. 
Just like me Marcie loved music and "Live", popular at that time  and that band is from Pittsburgh, so that gave us another thing to talk about
And talk we did, for hours and hours.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten